Borowski Race Engines, Inc. has lead the way for big power builds Dart LS Next blocks. have been featured repeatedly in Engine Labs, LSX Magazine and other publications. Quoting one article: “The crew over at Borowski Race Engines have been building insanely powerful and reliable race, street, and marine engines since 1968, and aren’t stopping anytime soon.”
Good news! Since Engine Labs featured one of our 4.0L Whipple LS builds, Whipple has since introduced a 4.5L version and yes, size matters. We went for a black finish this time. Watch the video below as this beast puts out 1,275 hp at the crank on pump gas with peak torque of 1,100 lb-ft around 5,550 rpm.
- 1,275 peak HP & 1,100 lb-ft torque
- Dart SHP Pro LS Next iron block
- Whipple 4.5L LSX supercharger – 20 psi max boost
- Holley-HP EFI & harness kit with tune from dyno
- Comp Cams LSR Series hydraulic roller camshaft
- Callies Dragonslayer crankshaft & Ultra connecting rods
- Custom Diamond pistons
- Dart Pro1 LS3 heads that we have tuned up with a CNC valve job
Serpentine Kit includes:
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioning
- 225 amp Alternator
- Water Pump
- ATI Dampener
All for $34,534
- Polished finish for supercharger, serpentine system and billet valve covers
- Holley Dominator and/or Holley Digital Dash
- Custom transmissions designed to handle the extreme torque of these engines supplied by Hughes Performance (automatic) or Tremec (manual).
Why a twin-screw, positive-displacement supercharger for street?
OEM manufacturers utilize positive displacement superchargers due to their incredible throttle response and drive-ability of a big cubic inch motor. The screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower.
- The vacuum bypass valve provides naturally aspirated gas mileage and driveability under cruise or light load conditions with virtually instantaneous boost once you put your foot into it.
- Centrifugals and turbos must spool thereby causing lag time during shift points.
- Roots-type superchargers are not very efficient, especially at higher boost levels. And how do you make a right turn?
Why the Whipple 4.5L Supercharger?
- The 4.5 liter supercharger fits under most cowled hoods without modifications.
- Compared to Whipple's smaller 2.9L version, it is able to generate substantially more boost on this engine (approx 20 psi vs. 13 psi)
- Their high efficiency reduces heat generated compressing the inlet air
- Their integral inter-cooler is very effective at maintaining a low manifold air temperature allowing engine designs with higher compression ratios, more timing or both.
- Whipple superchargers dominate the market in the most challenging segment - sand rails. These units are durable, reliable and easily serviceable.
Why buy from Borowski Race Engines, Inc?
- We can custom make to your exact specifications.
- Technical Knowledge: We make cutting edge engines for a broad range of motorsports. In season, our staff is at the track and on the water to help keep you ahead of the pack.
- Machining Capabilities: Our CNC engine machining equipment and shop professionals are second to none. That shows in our build quality, reliability and performance.
- Quality: Our levels of care and precision go far beyond OEM or standard aftermarket. Machining and assembly of your project is performed only by highly skilled technicians.
- Predictability: On-time and on-budget
- Build Time: Thanks to our CNC processes, we can complete machining quickly. We maintain inventory and have strong relationships with our key suppliers which helps avoid delay waiting for parts.
- Transparency: Your entire build is photographed and documented. Progress pictures are uploaded and viewable on our Flickr. You are welcome to visit in person any time and will be invited to attend the video-taped dyno session.
- Honesty and Integrity as evidenced by our A+ rating by Better Business Bureau.
Borowski Race Engines, Inc.
1545 Mound Rd
Rockdale, IL 6043
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Fuel Injection
- Fuel System
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Ignition System
- Intake Manifold
- Long Block
- Nitrous System
- Oil Pan
- Oiling System
- Push Rods
- Rocker Arms
- Rotating Assembly
- Short Block
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- 417 Motorsports
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Chevrolet Performance
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Howards's Cams
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- SCAT Crankshafts
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less