Dart re-engineered the big block, incorporating the most requested upgrades and special modifications into the Big M PRO blocks.
With deck heights from 9.600” to 11.100”, a +.600” raised cam location, spread oil pan rails and bore sizes up to 4.600”, the Big M PRO gives you the versatility to build a wide variety of engine combinations.
- Deck Options from 9.600” to 11.100” or custom heights.
- Raised cam location +.600” clears stroker crankshafts.
- Oil pan rails are spread .750”.
- Accepts crankshaft strokes up to 5.000 inch for large displacement applications with clearancing.
- Four valley head stud bosses prevent head gasket failures with high compression ratios and/or nitrous oxide. Slotted bosses allow the use of studs instead of difficult to install bolts.
- True priority main oiling directs oil to the main bearings before the lifters for reliability at high RPM. Stepped main oil gallery ensures uniform oil supply for all five main bearings.
- Oil crossovers located in the valley simplify restricting oil flow to the top end and deliver maximum oil volume to the main bearings ensuring reliable lubrication for the lifters and pushrods on both cylinder banks.
- Billet steel 4-bolt main bearing caps are manufactured in-house by Dart to ensure quality and compatibility with the block. Three center caps have splayed outer bolts that anchor the caps to the strongest part of the casting, front and rear caps have vertical bolts for oil pan clearance.
- Parts kit included (PN 32000005).
Do you have an extreme power build in mind? CGI Big M PRO blocks can be special ordered. This "Compacted Graphite Iron" technology doubles strength without added weight.
These blocks are available in any level of finish from ready for "as-produced" to fully machined to a complete custom crate engine. Whatever your needs, we can help.
Optional fully prepped block ready for assembly includes:
-Square deck to height and CNC chamfer cylinders on our 4-Axis Rottler CNC
-Deburr entire block & main caps
-Hone cylinders w/torque plate
-Align-hone mains, hone lifter bores
-Final clean block and paint with primer in your choice of colors
-Install cam bearings & test fit cam
-Install oil galley and freeze plugs
Our 4-axis CNC boasts precision of 0.0002" and one thousandth of a degree. Check out this Instagram time-lapse video of a probe cycle. While we do love our CNCs, we use old-school stone hones for a finish we believe to be superior to that typical of diamond hones.
Pricing includes free standard shipping in the continental US.
We can offer a range of other machining services such as cutting stroker clearances and installing piston oilers. Please call us at 815-725-2727 for questions and pricing on finish machining, short blocks, long blocks or full crate engines.
Buy your parts from people who use them!
While you are here, check out the video of a Big M build featured in Chevy Hardcore.
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- Taylor Billet Specialties
- View More View Less