The NC-1 and NC-2 units have identical features and capabilities except that the NC-2 can directly drive two nitrous stages with progressive control (modulated flow). The NC-1 requires external relays and is limited to on/off control. The NC-1 is recommended for applications under 100 horsepower.
A progressive controller, such as the NC-2, pulse width modulates the solenoid valves and allows you to control the flow rate. The two primary applications for a progressive controller are matching nitrous system power output to vehicle requirements and independently controlling fuel and nitrous oxide flows for optimum air/fuel ratio (AFR). The NC-2 can be used for both applications:
- If you have a high horsepower nitrous system in a vehicle with limited traction, you can use time or RPM based progressive control to reduce the power output in the mid-RPM range or off the starting line to eliminate problems with wheel spin. You can also use RPM based progressive control to reduce excessive strain on the engine in the mid-RPM range.
- By independently modulating the fuel and nitrous solenoids, you can control the AFR. This is especially useful for late model fuel injected vehicles.
Nitrous Controller Features
- Drives two nitrous stages and purge solenoid. NC-2 is capable of 40 amp output on each stage.
- Each stage is independently programmable based on throttle position, RPM, vehicle speed, time delay, and first gear lockout. NC-2 adds capability for RPM or time based progressive control.
- Output for purge solenoid (requires external relay). Programmable automatic purge when system is armed.
- Flexible RPM input compatible with high voltage coil drive (vehicles with coil packs or distributor ignition), standard 12 volt tach signal, or low level logic drive (newer vehicles with coil-on- plug).
- General purpose input/output (GPIO) terminal. Programmable for use as shift light output, additional stage enable input, or control output for ignition retard.
- Status LED output (ideal for use with arming switch containing LED).
- Built-in data logging. Ideal as basic vehicle data logger during dyno tuning or drag racing. Logs data whenever system is armed. Stores last 5 minutes of data at 10 samples/second.
- Data logged includes throttle position, RPM, vehicle speed, status of all inputs and outputs, and two 0-5 volt analog inputs.
- 0-5 Volt analog inputs are compatible with Daytona Sensors single or dual channel WEGO systems for logging wide-band air/fuel ratio data. Refer to page 17.
- Heavy duty industrial grade clamping terminal blocks allow easy and reliable hookup without soldering or crimping.
- Compact size: NC-1 is 3.3”L x 2.4”W x 1.1”H and NC-2 is 4.1”L x 2.8”W x 1.1”H (not including mounting feet and terminal block).
- USB interface to laptop PC. Powerful Windows software for programming controller and downloading logged data. Please visit our website for complete details and downloads.
Software for Nitrous Controller & Vehicle Data Logger
PC Link Nitrous Software
- Used to establish controller scale factors, general setup parameters, and independent control parameters for each nitrous stage.
- Program control strategy based on throttle position, RPM and vehicle speed windows, time delay, and first gear lockout.
- RPM or time based progressive control (NC-2 only). Easy graphic editing of ramp with 32 points spaced at 250 RPM or 0.25 second intervals.
- Use of RPM and vehicle speed inputs is optional. Control strategy can be as simple as a time delay or time based progressive ramp initiated by a wide open throttle switch.
- You can download and upload to the module, open and save files to disk, and print setup values including graphs for progressive ramps. Includes comprehensive on-line help system.
- Requires laptop PC with minimum 300 MHz Pentium processor and super VGA display (SVGA with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution) running Windows XP/Vista/7/8. The PC must have a CDROM drive for program loading and a free USB port.
Nitrous Log Software
- Two modes: real time display and chart display of data downloaded from the module.
- Real time display of system and engine data on an instrument panel layout with round tach and speedometer gauges and bar graph gauges for most other parameters. Used for initial system setup and to monitor operation during dyno tuning.
- Chart display for downloaded data allows you to monitor vehicle operation on the track. You have a range of capabilities for analyzing the displayed data. This feature is especially useful for checking system operation during a “dry run” before the nitrous is turned on.
- You can download data from the module, open and save files to disk, and print chart graphics. Includes comprehensive on-line help system.
- Same PC requirements as listed for PC Link Nitrous software.
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- Taylor Billet Specialties
- View More View Less