Borowski Race Engines' Top-of-the-Line Road Race Engine
We have been building race engines since 1968 and raising the bar year after year. 2021 is no exception. This year's major change on our high-end LS builds is the Emtron engine management system, but more on that later.
Road racing places extreme demands on both man and machine. It requires high levels of sustained performance. This in turn calls for a very different set of design parameters. An aluminum LS engine is a great starting point. Aluminum's lightweight and efficient heat transfer bring clear advantages. LS engines can deliver amazing performance from a small package and this one certainly does.
Let's look first a power delivery. This engine's power curve has an ideal shape for road racing. Its gentle upward slope up to 7,200 rpm and flat around 900 hp from there to 8,000 rpm mean the power is predictably there when and where you need it. Being naturally aspirated, there is no turbo lag.
From here, it's all a question of how we are able to provide this level of performance from an engine that will last. The short list: uncompromising design, top quality aftermarket parts, state-of-the-art finish machining and engine tuning.
Key Design Elements:
- Dart LS Next aluminum block with piston oilers (4.125 in bore)
- Dailey 6 stage dry sump with billet pan (Click here for more info)
- Custom lightened and polished Callies Magnum center counter-weighted crank (4.000 stroke) and Ultra I-beam rods yielding a 427 cubic inch displacement (see video below for more info)
- Custom Diamond domed pistons for high compression (race fuel only)
- 0.904" diameter mechanical roller lifters and Crower shaft rockers for high rpm operation
- All Pro heads that we CNC machine from raw castings and fill with lightweight titanium valves (See video below for more on All Pro heads).
- BRE custom billet aluminum intake manifold
- An Emtron engine management system with our custom wiring harness and user interface for unprecedented processing speed, engine control (torque, traction, etc.), data acquisition and engine protection capabilities.
Watch this video to see a similar build from a few years back.
Our CNC machining equipment is state of the art and allows us to achieve incredible precision in dimensions and finish. Click here for a virtual tour of our shop and watch the video down below to see how our CNC diamond honing adds to engine performance and longevity. Our staff is highly trained on both CNC machining and EFI tuning. They are themselves motorsports enthusiasts who dedication assures unsurpassed quality. We maintain an inventory of LS parts that helps us turn around projects quickly. Our having the entire package put us to the front at PRI 2018 where we were named Race Engine Builder of the Year.
Call us at 815-725-2727 to discuss your engine needs. You'll be glad you did!
All Pro heads video
Callies center counter-weighted Magnum crank
CNC diamond honing
5-axis CNC machining
Methods of Payment Accepted: Wire transfer, PayPal, certified check, wire transfer
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Connecting Rod
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Engine Packages
- Fuel Delivery
- Fuel Injection
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Intake Manifolds
- Motor Oil
- Oiling System
- Power Adders
- Rotating Assemblies
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- Maxima Racing Oils
- MSD Ignition
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less