This Drag Week type 540 cubic inch BBC packs a lot of power in a tight package using American-made parts that are up to the task of handling 3,000 hp and 35 psi boost. Capable of running a range of fuels, it has the capability to put out incredible power at the track but still get around town on pump gas. The vertical dimensions are kept to a minimum using a Dailey's 7-stage dry sump and our custom low-rise billet intake manifold. We selected a Jones Racing Products serpentine system as it features high-quality components with a minimum footprint.
R/T capability involves compromises specific to the intended end user. For the build, the customer selections included:
- Solid roller lifters which will require periodic valve lash adjustment, but greatly extend the horsepower range over hydraulic roller lifters
- Cometic MLS gaskets which will limit the boost to 35 psi, but avoid the constant maintenance characteristic of copper head gaskets with O-rings
- Fuel injectors optimized for gasoline rather than oxygenated fuels like methanol
Let's talk about some of the other parts used.
- Dart Big M block with BRE CNC finish machining
- Callies Magnum crankshaft with Enforcer rods
- Custom Diamond pistons
- Jesel drive and shaft rockers
- BRE custom COMP Cam
- Dart Pro1 BBC head with BRE CNC porting
Critical puzzle pieces are the Holley Dominator engine management system and included Holley 12.3 inch Digital Dash. Together, they allow the driver to easily see and manage information. Boost level, tunes and more are easily switched to reflect changes in fuel as in switching from pump gas to race fuel. The Digital Dash offers a wide range of customizable screens eliminating the need for a traditional dashboard.
Saving perhaps the best for last, this engine is equipped with twin Bullseye Power 83mm turbos mounted on Stainless Works headers and controlled with TurboSmart blow-off valves and waste gates. The patented features of the NLX turbos full ball bearing design, adjustable MAP groove and multi-dimensional compressor blades put these turbos in a class of their own. Get more details in the video below:
This build may not be exactly right for you. No problem! Give us a call and let's customize it to your exact requirements. We also offer the components for sale if, for example, you just need the long block.
- These engines are not pollution compliant and are intended for transportation use only in pre-pollution controlled vehicles.
- All BRE engines are individually dyno tested and tuned. Engines with power levels in excess of our dyno's capability are tuned at reduced boost levels. Customers will be supplied with video of their engine's dyno along with the dyno and build sheets.
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- Taylor Billet Specialties
- View More View Less