This is the short block set we use for most of our builds north of 1,000 hp. Read on to see why.
- Dart SHP Pro Block
- 30% Higher Tensile Strength than the Original Dart SHP Block
- Callies' Fully Counterweighted (CCW) Magnum Crankshaft
- Calico Coated Rod and Main Bearings
- Callies Ultra H-Beam Connecting Rods
- Diamond R-Series 2,000HP Rated Pistons
- .225 Wall Wrist Pin
- Available with Either 15 Degree (LS3) or 12 Degree (LS7) Valve Reliefs
The Dart LS Next SHP Pro is the newest in Dart's line of LS Next engines blocks. The difference between the "Pro" and the SHP LS Next block is the metallurgy. The Pro has a higher nickel content for 30% higher tensile strength. That means it can handle that much more power.
- Full side skirts to accommodate OE oil pans
- Accepts LS style Oil filters
- Retains all factory bolt hole locations
LS Next Features
Retains all of the LS Next designs features not found in competing blocks including but not limited to:
- Longer cylinder sleeves,
- Priority main oiling
- 4 bolt splayed main saddle structural
The center counterweighted Magnum crank is 4340 Timken alloy. The center counterweights are a major upgrade as they increase the cranks stiffness by about 25% while reducing harmonics. The net result is less stress on the main bearings and longer engine life.
Pride in workmanship, and attention to detail are qualities that are obvious in the video filmed during our tour of their Ohio plant. Thanks to Callies advanced designs and manufacturing prowess, this pairing of crank and rods will satisfy the requirements of the most demanding racing applications. Here is a link to the photo/video album we shot during a Callies plant tour.
Topping off the rotating assembly are Diamond's Race Series pistons which are machined with their newest and most precise CNCs. Among their features :
- 3D milling on piston crowns for ready to install finish
- Valve pockets designed to work with most aftermarket cylinder heads
- Offset pins for quiet operation
- Moly skirt coating for friction loss and skirt wear protection
- Side gas ports for better ring seal
- 2618 material for High HP-NOS-Boost applications
- You can select either the LS3 or LS7 piston design. Dish-type is standard but there are a wide range of options.
The skill of the people who finish-machine and assemble your short block is just as important as the parts and design and we've got some of the best around. Further, BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, INC. boasts state-of-the-art CNC machining equipment which empowers our staff to build the best engines available. This was recognized with our being named Race Engine Builder of the Year by Engine Builder Magazine.
The machining and assembly of your short block is as important as the parts selection. As you'll see in the photo, we have the best equipment available. Honing is a critical machining process as it determines final dimensions and surface finish. Please watch the video to see how we handle honing. We're confident that's how you'll want your block honed after watching.
Call 815-725-2727 to discuss your engine requirements or just click in your selection to place an order.
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less