We here at Borowski Race Engines, Inc are big fans of Callies cranks and rods for a lot of reasons. Performance is always part of the equation but durability is right up there. As we see it, price is less important than performance and durability since if it either doesn't work or wrecks your engine, it was a bad deal. Low cost materials or parts may be okay in low performance engines coming from the OEMs. If you want really big power, low-end parts have no business in high performance builds such as whatever you are thinking about right now.
Callies now has an upgrade to their already awesome Magnum line of LS crankshafts - center counterweighting. The additional counterweights substantially stiffen the crank to prevent flexing. We use Callies center counterweighted cranks for all our boosted LS engines climbing the horsepower ladder from Compstar to Magnum to Ultra Billet.
Check out the video below to hear what Callies says about this crank first hand:
Here are the specs for the Magnum Center Counterweighted LS crank:
• Stroke range of 2.720” to 4.250”
• Fully counterweighted
• Counterweight prepped for a minimum 1830g bob weight
• Dual linear post keyways
• Average weight 47 lb.
• Gun drilled mains & lightened rods
• Additional post keyways available
• Custom flange bolt and dowel drilling available
• 2.100”, 2.000”, 1.888”, 1.850” rod journal diameters
• LS, LS7, or LT posts configurations
• Custom reluctor hub machining or removal
* Additional Post Keyways, Custom Post Drilling
* Custom Flange Bolt & Dowel Drilling
* 2.100, 2.000, 1.888 and 1.825 Rod Journal Diameters
* Extended Length Post for LS7 Type Front Assembly
* Custom Reluctor Hub Machining or Removal
* 24 or 58 Tooth Billet Reluctors Installed
We stock Callies cranks and rods both for our own engine builds, and as authorized dealers for resale. Give us a call at 815-725-2727 for whatever your needs may be.
BUY YOUR PARTS FROM PEOPLE WHO USE THEM!
Want to see more? Quality design, materials and machining is what delivers the performance and survivability. We have gone the extra mile to select only those key suppliers who pass our extreme vetting process. For Callies, that included a factory tour to inspect their manufacturing and QC procedures. We confirmed that Callies Magnum cranks use Timken steel alloys cast and forged in the USA with all machining and finishing done at their plant in Fostoria Ohio. Here is a video showing their final step which includes dimensional checks and polishing:
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less