9.800" DECK WITH BORE DIAMETERS 4.560" & 4.600" ONLY
With multiple deck heights and bore sizes up to 4.600", the Big M Sportsman block gives you the versatility to build a wide variety of engine combinations for street, race or marine. Dart's maximum recommended bore and stroke allows displacements up to a massive 638 cubic inches (4.6125" x 4.75"). A true priority main oiling system oils the main bearings before the lifters for extra reliability.
- Standard 9.800" and tall 10.200" deck heights available for stroker engines.
- Standard 4.250" , 4.500", 4.560" or 4.600" bore sizes with siamesed extra thick cylinder walls to resist cracking and improve ring seal (minimum .300" thick with 4.625" bore).
- Uses +.300" tall Gen VI style lifters. Modification for Gen IV style available.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures.
- 4 bolt ductile iron main caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength. (note available Big M use steel caps)
- True priority main oil system lubricates the main bearings before the lifters. Our stepped main oil gallery (9/16" to 1/2" to 7/16") increases the flow of oil to the crank at high rpm, and our front oil crossover eliminates internal oil leaks around the distributor shaft.
- Oil filter pad is drilled and tapped for an external oil pump.
- Lifter valley head stud bosses prevent blown head gaskets.
- Rear main cap uses standard oil pump and two piece seal - no adapter required!
- Mechanical fuel pump boss, clutch linkage mounts, and side and front motor mounts simplify installation in any chassis.
- Dual oil pan bolt patterns fit standard and notched oil pans.
- Small bore 396 version available
- Parts kit DRT32000022 (plugs and cam bearings) are sold separately for Big M Sportsman
These blocks are available "as-produced" or fully machined and assembly-ready with plugs and cam bearings installed. We also offer anything from a shortblock to a finished engine. Whatever your needs, we can help.
Optional fully prepped block ready for assembly includes:
-Square deck to height and CNC chamfer cylinders on our 4-Axis Rottler CNC
-Deburr entire block & main caps
-Diamond CNC hone cylinder bores
-Align-hone mains, hone lifter bores
-Final clean block and paint with primer in your choice of colors
-Install cam bearings & test fit cam
-Install oil galley and freeze plugs
Our 4-axis CNC boasts precision of 0.0002" and one thousandth of a degree. Check out this Instagram time-lapse video of a probe cycle. Honing is arguably the most critical machining operation. Check out the video below to see how we would hone your block.
Please call us at 815-725-2727 for questions and pricing on short blocks, long blocks or full crate engines.
Buy your parts from people who use them!
While you are here, check out the video of a Big M build featured in Chevy Hardcore.
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Connecting Rod
- Cooling System
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Engine Packages
- Fuel Delivery
- Fuel Injection
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Intake Manifolds
- Motor Oil
- Oil Pan
- Oiling System
- Power Adders
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- Maxima Racing Oils
- MSD Ignition
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less