When Dart introduced the LS Next block in 2013, it opened the door to mechanically reliable big horsepower builds. The design featured a bottom end with splayed billet main caps, priority main oiling, 6-bolt head provisions, longer cylinder barrels and much more. The iron, aluminum, Darton sleeved and billet variants essentially blew the top off horsepower limitations and we at BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, INC. were all over it from Day 1 as the advantages were glaringly obvious. We have since built a gamut of power including NA, supercharged, turbo and nitrous engines like the 427ci, 4.5L Whipple plus nitrous and water-meth injection shown in the dyno video below. The sky is now the limit!
Then came the Dart SHP LS Next Cast iron block. It featured a fully skirted design with a priority main oiling system and provisions for stock and aftermarket oil filter mounting while retaining the key enhancements of the LS Next.
And now comes Dart Fully Skirted LS Next Block, at long last in Aluminum.
- Dart priority main oiling system with provisions for stock oil filter mounting.
- Siamesed cylinder bores with thick walls.
- Cylinder barrels extended 0.375" at the bottom of the bores relative to OEM.
- Thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
- Blind head bolt holes.
- 6 bolt per cylinder capability.
- Scalloped water jackets increase flow around cylinders for better cooling.
- Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
- Provisions for LSX roller lifters and cam.
- Uses OE front and rear covers.
- All OE bolt holes for starter, water pump, etc.
- Parts kit sold separately
Specifications from Dart
- Deck Height: 9.240" (Stock), 9.450", 9.750"
- Cylinder Bores: 4.000", 4,125"
- Main Bearings Size: Stock LS
- Main Caps: Steel 4-Bolt
- Cam Location: Stock or Raised 0.388"
- Lifter Bores: Stock .842" Diameter
Borowski Race Engines, Inc is an authorized Dart dealer and can get you any of their products. In addition, we can offer a 'Fully Machined" option gives you an assembly ready painted block with cam bearings and oil galley plugs installed. It doesn't end there. How about available upgrades like piston oilers or 1/2" head studs that we can take care of on our CNC machining center.
Give us a call at 815-725-2727 to discuss your needs from parts to complete crate engines and everything in between.
BUY YOUR PARTS FROM PEOPLE WHO USE THEM!
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Fuel Injection
- Fuel System
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Ignition System
- Intake Manifold
- Long Block
- Nitrous System
- Oil Pan
- Oiling System
- Push Rods
- Rocker Arms
- Rotating Assembly
- Short Block
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- American Powertrain
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Chevrolet Performance
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Dyers Blowers, Inc.
- Howards's Cams
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Wiseco Pistons
- View More View Less