Designed for high performance and heavy duty applications, the SHP block is the ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
The SHP Ford block is tailored to the most popular performance and racing applications, with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w) deck height and a choice of 4.000” or 4.125” siamesed cylinder bores which can safely be bored to 4.185”. Steel main caps are splayed 4-bolt on the center three and 2-bolt on #1 and #5, and utilize 1/2” bolts. The valley is machined to accept factory roller lifter guides and retainer (spider).
- Priority main oiling system directs oil to main bearings first for more dependable lubrication.
- Available with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w).
- Provisions for OE stock roller lifters, dog bones & spider.
- Siamese bores 4.000” or 4.125” (unfinished) with extra thick cylinder walls.
- Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
- Steel 4-bolt main caps on #2, 3 and 4 with splayed outer bolts. 2-bolt main caps on #1 and 5.
- Can use most stock components and accessories.
- Scalloped water jackets increase coolant flow around cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- Parts kit sold separately (PN 32000015).
Borowski Race Engines, Inc. has been building high-end street, race and marine engines since 1968. Our advanced CNC machining capabilities and the skill of our staff allow us to build incredible engines such as the one show here. The foundation for this piece of automotive artwork is a Dart SHP SBF block.
These blocks are available in any level of finish from ready for final machining to fully machined to custom crate engine. Optional fully prepped block ready for assembly includes:
- Square deck to height and CNC chamfer cylinders on our 4-Axis Rottler CNC
- Deburr entire block & main caps
- Hone cylinders w/torque plate
- Align-hone mains, hone lifter bores
- Final clean block and paint with primer
- Install Dart cam bearings & test fit cam
- Install oil galley and freeze plugs
Our 4-axis CNC boasts precision of 0.0002" and one thousandth of a degree. Check out this Instagram time-lapse video of a probe cycle. While we do love our CNCs, we use old school stone hones for a finish we believe to be superior to that typical of diamond hones.
We will also be happy to help you source parts, assemblies or complete crate engines for your build. Please call us at 815-725-2727 with any questions.
BUY YOUR PARTS FROM PEOPLE WHO USE THEM!
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Fuel Injection
- Fuel System
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Ignition System
- Intake Manifold
- Long Block
- Nitrous System
- Oil Pan
- Oiling System
- Push Rods
- Rocker Arms
- Rotating Assembly
- Short Block
- Throttle Body
- Top End Packages
- View More View Less
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Chevrolet Performance
- Comp Cams
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Howards's Cams
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- SCAT Crankshafts
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- Taylor Billet Specialties
- View More View Less