Aluminum engines bring a lot to any motorsports party from drag racing to road racing to autocross. They cut about 100 lbs from the nose of the car. This greatly improves steering and braking thanks to not only the weight reduction but the better balance from front to rear. Straight line only? Going fast is weight to horsepower - not just horsepower. Aluminum also transfers heat better than iron, so these blocks are easy to keep cool.
These RHS LS bare race blocks are designed to meet the needs of today's high performance engine builders and racing enthusiasts. These blocks are available in standard and tall deck height combinations and are engineered for maximum clearance around a 4.600 in. stroke crankshaft. With their unique design, RHS engineers were able to minimize windage in the rotating assembly, leading to superior engine lubrication at higher rpm. To make them friendly for existing race applications, these blocks contain both factory and motor plate race mounts for Gen I, II, III, and IV engines.
RHS LS bare race blocks each receive a CT scan to ensure maximum performance and consistency. This is a really big deal as it is the only way to make sure there are no voids in the block.
Standard features include:
- Designed from aircraft-quality A357-T6 aluminum
- Siamese cast bore walls (4.125 in. or 4.165 in. diameter) with press-in cast iron sleeves
- Machined with 55mm cam bearing journal
- Available in standard (9.240 in.) and tall (9.750 in.) deck heights with beefy deck thicknesses (.500 in. standard/.750 in. tall deck); standard (5.87 in.) and tall (6.38 in.) deck cylinder sleeves are available
- 6 head bolt design with full water jacket around the cylinders' walls; large windows in the valley allow access to an inboard 6th head bolt
- Block design includes large front and rear AN-12 side feeds for serious dry sump setups
- Material for oversized lifters with lifter bosses that are designed to clear tie bar style lifters
We have been real happy with the engine builds we done using these RHS aluminum blocks. Take a look at the video below to see one such recent build:
We are pleased to offer these blocks in either standard or tall deck (special order); and as-is or fully machined/assembly ready.
Standard fully-prepped block ready for assembly includes:
- Square deck to height and CNC chamfer cylinders on our 4-Axis Rottler CNC
- Deburr entire block & main caps
- CNC hone cylinders w/torque plate
- Align-hone mains, hone lifter bores
- Final clean block and paint with primer in your choice of colors
- Install cam bearings & test fit cam
- Install oil galley and freeze plugs
Beyond that, we can also build it into a short block, long block or complete engine. Please call us at 815-725-2727 to discuss your requirements.
NOTE: Special timing chain cover is required. Click here.
BUY YOUR PARTS FROM PEOPLE WHO USE THEM!
As an added note, honing sets the final dimensions and surface finish of the cylinders. It is a critical step to maximizing engine life and performance. Watch the video below to see how your block would be machined on our CNC diamond hone.
Methods of payment accepted: cash, credit card, PayPal, money order, wire transfer
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Connecting Rod
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Engine Packages
- Fuel Delivery
- Fuel Injection
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Intake Manifolds
- Motor Oil
- Oiling System
- Power Adders
- Rotating Assemblies
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- Maxima Racing Oils
- MSD Ignition
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less