Borowski Race Engines, Inc. (Joliet, Illinois) is the leading builder of big-power LS engines crowned with Whipple superchargers. These crate-engine beauties use Dart LS Next blocks and top-shelf everything else in order to deliver an amazing 1,000 hp on pump gas with the same 2.9L Whipple as in this kit. To do that, we use a different pulley combinations to run the supercharger at maximum RPM. Our pulley combination yields about double the boost of the pulley set in this kit. Check out the video below which was part of an Engine Labs feature article. If you like the special sound of a Whipple twin screw, you will love hearing this one absolutely scream!
Why did we decide to use Whipple twin screw superchargers for our flagship LS crate engines? Here is a short list:
- Twin screw superchargers are highly efficient at creating a lot of pressure and very little waste heat.
- Twin screw superchargers generate a near-instantaneous throttle response with lots of load end torque. No lag such as is associated with turbos. No waiting for to hit RPM so the spray will kick it. We are talking right now!
- Most twin screw superchargers have a bypass so that the engine runs under vacuum (naturally aspirated) when cruising but goes to boost in milliseconds when the bypass valve slaps shut.
- A supercharged engine is much nearer to a drop-in a turbo build which needs a lot of fab work. (The same principle applies to a retrofit. It's a much easier install.)
- The Whipple brand is one built on the racing and using the most advanced technology, particularly in screw design.
- Whipple's screw technology generates less waste heat than competitive products and they come with a built-in intercooler to maintain a very low inlet air temperature.
- Most competitive brands are warmed-over or re-branded OEM products
There's more but you get the idea. If you want the long list, you can read down below what Whipple says and what all comes with the kit.
Why buy from us? For starters, we will talk to you and we know what we are talking about. We have built lots of big-power, Whipple-supercharged LS engines and know what it is like to drive them. We can provide recommendations and get you whatever other parts you might need or want for your vehicle.
Chances are you have some questions. Please call us at 815-725-2727. We will be happy to help. If you are ready to talk through the options and place an order, please have your VIN number handy.
Buy your parts from people who use them!
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
- The most powerful 50-state emissions legal option available
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- Carbon fiber hood vent standard
- Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions
- Integrated Crusher™ venturi shaped inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Integrated Crusher™ 112mm round inlet outflows smaller 90 and 93mm inlets such as other Eaton based systems
- Integrated Crusher™ 112mm round inlet for optional 102mm throttle bodies
- Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
- Oversized fabricated aluminum intercooler reservoir for repeatable power levels
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy, no ridiculous fabbed steel tubes or systems that circulate hot air
- Carbon fiber hood vent included
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo
- Zero turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Custom fuel pump module for proper fuel flow calibration
- High density heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No internal modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- High flow air filter system (50-state legal filter system)
- High flow fuel injectors included
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
- Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
- Complete kits, Tuner kits and Hot Rod kits are available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle bodies (102mm or 109mm)
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- SCT X4 Flash tool that allows you to read and erase codes and multiple data log features
- Optional 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- MSD Ignition
- Nitrous Outlet
- Schaeffer Oil
- Stef's Performance
- Taylor Billet Specialties
- View More View Less