This billet long block uses a highly optimized, but well-proven LS architecture. The parts are from manufacturers of proven quality, but replacements can be sourced from alternate vendors if the need ever arises. This mitigates the risk of total reliance on a single vendor with their own exotic engine design and sole-source, proprietary parts. Supply chain issues have been a nightmare for the last few years and that nightmare is far from over.
Proven conventional architecture also beats exotic in cost, size, weight and complexity. If conventional works just as well, why would you want to pay more to become a hostage to exotic and face more class rules pushing you into a heavier racing weight?
Our previous billet LS engine design was shown to run well for Marcus Carew at 4,000 horsepower. Thanks to the extreme processing speed of his Emtron ECU, we were able to see some flexing of the crankshaft at that power level. While not problematic at 4,000 hp, our new target was going to be 4,500 hp, so a redesign was required.
The solution started with a BRE-custom, Energy Manufacturing billet LS block and other changes as described below:
- Ford Cleveland style mains: At our request, Energy Manufacturing has supplied billet blocks with main diameters 2.750". This relatively small increase however increases crankshaft stiffness by about 10%. Vehicle data logs had shown acceptable levels of flexing with standard LS dimension billet crankshaft at about 4,000 hp but did set a boundary that is now removed. We have paired this block with Callies Ultra billet 4.25 inch stroke cranks.
- We applied the "bigger is better" principal to the aluminum rods and wrist pins. The rods not only transmit force from the wristpin to the crankshaft, they also act to absorb some of the shock through compression and expansion during the combustion cycle.
- We redesigned our custom Diamond pistons in order to accomodate the larger wristpins.
The augmented short block may be purchased separately. It also includes:
- Jesel belt drive
- Mechanical cam and lifters
- Cylinder head studs
The long block incorporates:
- 6-stage Dailey dry sump oiling system with billet pan
- All Pro solid cast cylinder heads. We believe the 50 lb weight advantage in most race classes for cast outweighs is more beneficial than the performance advantage of billet heads but these can be supplied as well.
- Manton pushrods
- Jesel Pro-Steel rockers
A complete engine offers a lot of choices. The price shown is therefore only indicative. A typical build might include:
- Billet intake manifold with blow-outpanel and dual fuel rails
- BRE custom Waterman fuel pump
- Twin Bullseye 88mm NLX turbos or a ProCharger F4-X supercharger which brings a 50 lb weight reduction in PDRA Pro Street rules.
- Emtron or FuelTech engine management system with wiring harness
Call us today at 815-725-2727 and let's talk through your class rules, personal preferences, lead time and pricing for exactly what you want.
Have some time and want to learn more? The videos below will give you additional insight into the parts and machining that will be used to build your engine.
Methods of Payment Accepted: Wire Transfer, Certified Check, Cash with IRS Form 8300
- This engine is not pollution compliant and is intended for off-road use.
- All BRE engines are individually dyno tested and tuned. Customers will be supplied with video of their engine's dyno along with the dyno and build sheets.
- Supply constraints may require us to substitute parts of comparable quality. Customers will be advised if this need arises.
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Connecting Rod
- Cylinder Heads
- Engine Block
- Engine Packages
- Fuel Delivery
- Fuel Injection
- Garage Sale
- Gift Card
- Intake Manifolds
- Motor Oil
- Oiling System
- Power Adders
- Rotating Assemblies
- Throttle Body
- View More View Less
- Airflow Research
- All Pro Cylinder Heads
- Borowski Race Engines
- BullsEye Power
- Comp Cams
- Dailey Engineering
- Daytona Sensor
- Diamond Pistons
- Energy Mfg
- Hooker Headers
- Hughes Performance
- Maxima Racing Oils
- MSD Ignition
- Stef's Performance
- View More View Less